Phones, tablets and other types of screens are now pretty much everywhere these days.
Having tech manners simply means considering others when you are using one.
Nobody likes being cut short because the person they are speaking to suddenly buries themselves in whatever is going on on their screen , whether it is a message or phone call or other notification.
On the other hand, none of us appreciate being disturbed in a restaurant or cinema by someone using their phone.
Have some fun discussing some situations where leaving the screen alone might be the better option!
• It’s not very polite to ignore people when you are using a tablet or phone.
• Always try to think about other people’s feelings.
• Switch off your screen if it’s going to disturb others – like in the movies.
QUESTIONS TO START A CONVERSATION
• What annoys you when other people are using screens?
• What can you do to show you care about other people when it comes to using your tablet or screen?
“Your friends are more important than your phone,
play together, not alone!”
Print the sheet and let your child express their creativity and draw in what they see on the screens.
A4 HOME WALL POSTER
Print these posters as part of a set.
Collect one for each Topic.
For a bit of fun, here’s a completion certificate to print out and complete. Try to collect them all!